Embedded in the IBM Cloud customer portal, you'll now find new options for custom image support on IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers.
You'll now be able to achieve golden images on compatible hardware, saving you time and easing the work required with scaling and migration. The service feature is cost-free, and clients are only responsible for standard image storage costs of $0.25/GB. Custom Image Support is available on these operating systems: CentOS 7, CentOS 8, RHEL 7, RHEL 8, Ubuntu 16, Ubuntu 18, and Windows 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
Learn more about custom image support for IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers on our IBM Cloud Docs page.
10% off 4- and 12-drive 2nd Gen Dual Intel® Xeon®
To support new custom image support features, we're celebrating with a limited-time offer — 10% off select 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Dual Processor servers (Cascade Lake)*, including the following:
- Intel® Xeon® 4210 (4 drives): Starting at USD $341.10/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 4210 (12 drives): Starting at USD $467.10/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 5218 (4 drives): Starting at USD $444.60/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 5218 (12 drives): Starting at USD $570.60/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 6248 (4 drives): Starting at USD $552.60 /mo
- Intel® Xeon® 6248 (12 drives): Starting at USD $678.60/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 6250 (12 drives): Starting at USD $813.60/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 8260 (4 drives): Starting at USD $597.60/mo
- Intel® Xeon® 8260 (12 drives): Starting at USD $746.10/mo
See all IBM Cloud Bare Metal Server provisioning options.
How to redeem your promo
To take advantage of this limited-time promotion for 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Dual Processor server (Cascade Lake) architecture on IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers, you’ll want to do the following:
Do you already have a server you want to capture and deploy?
- Verify that your server meets the requirements for image capture here.
- Create an image template by following the instructions found here.
- Navigate to the Image Library, click the Action Menu icon for your image template and select "Order Bare Metal."
- After you've made all your selections, apply the promo code IMAGE10 to the right in your 'order summary' to get your 10% off. You'll then see “IMAGE10 applied/Prorated initial charge $0.00.”
New to IBM Cloud?
- Create an account from the IBM Cloud Bare Metal provisioning page here.
- Navigate to the IBM Cloud Bare Metal Catalog to select and customize your deployment.
- After you’ve made all your selections, apply the promo code IMAGE10 to the right in your ‘order summary’ to get your 10% off. You’ll see “IMAGE10 applied/Prorated initial charge $0.00.”
For questions on this promotion, order inquiries or anything related to IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers, chat with one of our sales representatives or contact us at 1-866-325-0045.
Get technical, learn more
To read our getting-starting tutorials or to explore security and software options for IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers, visit our IBM Cloud Docs resource pages.
Learn more about IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers.
*Offer valid until Dec. 31, 2021. Discount is limited to 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® based servers with 4 or 12 drive support only. Discount applies to the entire order. Any applied discounts last for the life of the server. The full amount of the promotional offer must be redeemed at time of order. This discount cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer. Offer valid while supplies last, and offer may not be immediately available in all IBM Cloud Data Centers. Offer is subject to availability. Offer is valid for only Digital, Direct, SLIC and DSW brand customers. Valid on new or existing client accounts. For existing client accounts, the promotion applies to new orders only. This offer is limited to one user per account while available. This offer is limited to applicable, monthly billed servers only. The discount applies to the IBM Cloud list price. Additional exclusions may apply.
Follow IBM Cloud
Be the first to hear about news, product updates, and innovation from IBM Cloud.Email subscribeRSS