Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology
The IBM® System Storage® SAN48B-5 switch is designed to meet the demands of hyper-scale private or hybrid cloud storage environments by delivering Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology and capabilities with 16 Gbps performance that support highly virtualized environments. To enable greater flexibility and investment protection, SAN48B-5 is configurable up to 48 ports in an energy-efficient 1U package.
Ports on Demand (PoD) capabilities
By leveraging PoD, you can achieve fast, easy and cost-effective scaling from 24 to 48 ports in 12-port increments.
Multi-tenancy in cloud environments
Multi-tenancy in cloud environments through virtual fabrics, integrated routing, quality of service and fabric-based zoning enable you to meet the demands of hyper-scale private or hybrid cloud storage environments.
Simplified management and robust network analytics
SAN48B-5 with Fabric Vision technology provides a breakthrough hardware and software solution that helps simplify monitoring, maximize network availability and dramatically reduce costs. Featuring innovative monitoring, management and diagnostic capabilities, Fabric Vision technology enables administrators to avoid problems before they impact operations, helping organizations meet service level agreements.
Technical specifications for IBM System Storage SAN48B-5 include:
- Product number 2498-F48
- Hot-swap components include power supplies, fan modules, small form-factor pluggables
- One-year warranty; customer-replaceable unit; and onsite, next-business-day response
- Optional features can be found in the SAN48B-5 Redbooks Product
- Size: 43.8 cm (17.23 in.) W x 4.3 cm (1.7 in.) H x 44.3 cm (17.45 in.) D
- Weight: 9.16 kg (20.2 lb) (maximum ports fully populated)