May 6, 2019 | Written by: Jens Nuchel Petersen
Categorized: Event | Storage
Share this post:
We look forward to welcoming you to the Spectrum User Group 2019 spring event in Denmark.
This event is targeted towards a technical audience to expose the latest research results and to discuss industry trends into details. Among others, we have invited Eric Herzog, Chief Marketing Officer IBM Storage, as keynote speaker and look forward to his presentation: “What is IBM doing next in Storage/Backup/Archive?”
We have as always also made time for interaction and networking with your peers and cross fingers for sunshine so we can enjoy a nice barbecue in the evening.
The agenda will this time be split into three tracks: Spectrum Storage, Spectrum and Spectrum Protect.
Topics from the Spectrum Storage track will be:
- Spectrum Virtualize Update
- Spectrum Virtualize Multi-Cloud solutions
- A whiteboarding session on NVMe – Hints and tips on our NVMe storage (FS9100/V7000/V5100)
- Spectrum Connect, how and why, deep dive, demo
- How to optimize for max IO Performance from host to storage. Filesystem alignment, block size, Stripe size, Stripe width etc.
- Update on roadmaps
Topics from the Spectrum track will be:
- How to make most performance with DRP
- Spectrum Control/Storage Insight update. How to configure your own notification in Spectrum Control 5.3.2
- Spectrum Scale/ESS – Updates
- The coolest functions in Spectrum Scale you did not know about
Topics from the Spectrum Protect track will be:
- Spectrum Protect Retention Sets
- Plus S3 offload to Protect
- SP Plus latest features and demo v.10.1.3
- What new in SP 10.1.3 and SP 8.1.7
- Update on roadmaps and visions Spectrum Protect and Plus
Date & time: 21st of May, 2019 at 8:30 AM CET
Venue: IBM Client Center, Kongevejen 495 B, 2840 Holte, Denmark
Registration and full agenda: Click here!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at PETERS1@dk.ibm.com