Federal cloud collaboration services
Improving service delivery
Like many organizations, federal agencies are under constant pressure to improve delivery of services while driving down costs. Technologies such as social collaboration tools can accelerate your progress, enabling you to improve interactions across and beyond your organization. The challenge is to introduce these technologies without also introducing added cost, complexity and compliance concerns. A secure and scalable cloud-based computing environment can give you rapid access to essential social collaboration technologies at a fraction of the cost and risk.
Incorporating social collaboration tools
IBM offers a rich suite of cloud-based social collaboration services designed to improve business efficiency while decreasing costs. Hosted in a cloud environment dedicated to the government, our services feature industry-leading web tools for email and instant messaging, web meetings, social networking and support for popular mobile devices. Through these tools, you can facilitate a more mobile and productive workforce that makes better decisions faster. In line with the administration’s cloud-first policy, IBM cloud services can enable you to more quickly reap the productivity benefits of social collaboration tools on a subscription basis without long-term commitment and at a reduced cost.
Managing cost and complexity
The federal cloud collaboration services offering from IBM is designed to:
- Reduce costs while increasing efficiency with a pre-integrated cloud-based solution for government agencies
- Support collaboration with comprehensive social capabilities and productivity tools delivered over the cloud
- Facilitate a security-rich environment by leveraging IBM’s dedicated federal data centers
Facilitating business interactions
We designed our security-rich, multitenant cloud to meet demanding policies and mandates such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). The cloud is located in the continental United States and is part of IBM’s dedicated federal data centers. Built for government, Federal cloud collaboration services include:
- Robust web meeting capabilities, such as the ability to share an application or desktop, video conferencing and file sharing
- Collaboration software that supports key social capabilities like connecting, expertise search, self-discovering communities, blogs, profile pages for users, full tagging support and co-located document comments
- Instant messaging and email from a single web browser or mobile device
- Enterprise-class features designed for stringent high availability, security and storage requirements