The IBM Development Package for Eclipse is an unsupported Eclipse-based development tool. It enables developers to build and run Java applications with its ready-to-run development environment out of the box. There are versions available for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit on Intel (xSeries).
Whether you are building on demand applications or are just getting started, IBM Rational® Software provides an open, comprehensive development environment that tightly integrates with Ready for IBM Rational Software plug-ins and 3rd party Eclipse-based offerings. Founded on open technologies and built on Eclipse, IBM Rational Software provides a flexible, portal-like integration of multi-language, multi-platform and multi-device application development tools for building, testing and deploying dynamic applications.
Get started developing with IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software with this free 60-day trial version:
- Get technical assistance with Eclipse from the source, Eclipse.org.
- The developerWorks Open source projects zone offers some excellent technical content on the Eclipse platform.
- For an excellent technical resource on the WebSphere software platform, including WebSphere Studio, visit the developerWorks WebSphere Developer Domain.
- Visit the developerWorks Rational Technical Library.
- Rational and Eclipse - open source standard.
- Rational software.