Regardless of where someone lives, people and businesses around the world now have access to the most accurate weather information available so that they can make better decisions. For example:
- A government disaster management department can better prepare for severe weather to save lives and maximize relief resources.
- An off-shore energy and utility company can receive warning of quick forming, localized weather activity—such as thunderstorms—and be able to quickly optimize operations and keep workers safe.
- An international aviation company can receive turbulence data more frequently and precisely so that it can ensure its passengers have a smooth take off and landing.
- A farmer in India can have a better sense of when rainfall is likely to occur and can make a more informed decision as it relates to using fertilizer or pesticides—which are expensive—and could be washed away if there was a heavy rainfall.
- A broadcaster can present more accurate weather graphics of localized storm activity to keep its viewers in-the-know.
IBM GRAF ensures everyone has access to reliable weather information no matter who you are or where you live. Improved predictions from the new system are enhancing IBM enterprise offerings and are available for free to consumers using IBM apps and websites (The Weather Channel and Weather Underground).