Volunteer Excellence Awards
The Volunteer Excellence Award program annually recognizes individual and team volunteers who best exemplify the IBM values of dedication, innovation and trust in their volunteer work with schools and not-for-profit organizations.
Only IBM employees are eligible to receive an IBM Volunteer Excellence Award and employees may nominate themselves. Retirees may nominate IBM employees.
IBM Volunteers Badges
Get recognized for exemplifying the IBM values of dedication, innovation and trust through skills-based volunteer work and for making an impact.
What it takes to earn badges
- Perform community volunteerism and record the required number of hours (indicated in the badges below) on IBM Volunteers.
- Once the criteria has been met, it will take approximately one business day to issue your badge.
- This badge is only available to IBM employees and IBM retirees who have joined IBM Volunteers and agreed to recognition in their profile.
Support and FAQs
- IBM Volunteers badges: For any questions related to IBM Volunteers badges, please contact the IBM Volunteers help desk.
- General Badge Program inquiries: For general inquiries related to the IBM Digital Badge Program, contact email@example.com.
- Acclaim Support: For questions related to your Acclaim badge earner account and profile, as well as issues related to claiming your badge after receiving a notification, go to http://support.youracclaim.com.
- IBM Badge Program FAQ
NOTICE: IBM leverages the services of Pearson VUE Acclaim (a 3rd party) to assist in the administration of the IBM Digital Badge Program. In order to issue you an IBM Digital Badge, your name, email address and badge earned will be shared with Pearson VUE Acclaim to facilitate the transaction of issuing you a badge. Pearson VUE Acclaim will treat your details in a manner consistent with IBM's policies. Once your badge is issued, you will receive an email notification from Acclaim, at which point you will have the option to accept the badge.
The President's Volunteer Service Award
The United States President's Volunteer Service Award, established in 2003, recognizes American individuals, families and groups who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to volunteer service, measured by the number of service hours performed over 12 months or their lifetimes.
The award is issued by the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation, created by President George W. Bush to help foster a culture of service, citizenship and a sense of responsibility by encouraging outstanding volunteer service and civic participation.
As a leadership organization in the award program, IBM presents the award annually to IBM Volunteers volunteers with more than 100 hours of volunteer time in the prior calendar year. To qualify for the award, you must log your eligible hours from a calendar year by the following January 31. If you are an IBM employee, you must also indicate in your profile that you want to receive recognition for your volunteer efforts.
Build your skills through volunteerism with skills-based volunteer opportunities.
Thank your volunteers!
Send a Corporate Citizenship Thank You card from the IBM Recognition Center.