Inter-VSAN routing FCIP for remote SAN extension
Enable data to transit virtual storage area network (VSAN) boundaries while maintaining control plane isolation, thereby maintaining fabric stability and availability with inter-VSAN routing Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) for remote SAN extension.
I/O Accelerator Services
Significantly improve application performance when storage traffic is extended across long distances.
Robust network security
Protect highly sensitive data crossing the enterprise network with smart zoning, intelligent packet inspection and extended zoning capabilities.
Advanced FICON services
Support FICON environments, including cascaded FICON fabrics, VSAN-enabled intermix of mainframe and open systems environments, and N-port ID virtualization (NPIV) for mainframe Linux partitions.
Dimensions: 975 mm (3.84 in.) H x 437 mm (17.22 in.) W x 543 mm (21.4 in.) D, 2RUs; all units rack-mountable in standard 19-inch Electronic Industries Alliance [EIA] rack).
- Model: 9710-E01
- Hot-swappable components: Power supplies, fan modules, small form-factor pluggable
- Warranty: One-year CRU, 24×7 same-day maintenance service options available
- Weight: Fully configured chassis: 10.2 kg (22.4 lb)
- Airflow: Front to back
- Ports: 40 ports of 16 Gbps Fibre Channel and 10 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Optional features: MDS 9200 Enterprise Package (7011), MDS 9250i I/O Accelerator (7012), MDS 9200 Mainframe Package (7031), MDS 9200 DCNM SAN Advanced Edition (7050), MDS 9250i 20-port Fibre Channel Upgrade License (7065.
- Link speeds: Port speed: 4/8/16 Gbps autosensing, optionally configurable