Welcome to the IBM Z Digital Integration Hub content solution, your homepage for technical resources.
Z Digital Integration Hub (zDIH) integrates your core business applications running on z/OS with your broader hybrid cloud architecture to accelerate transformation.
zDIH provides real-time information flow at scale between systems of record and hybrid cloud applications as well as ecosystem partners, ISV SaaS solutions, and end users.
zDIH enables real-time information flow at scale between systems of record and hybrid cloud applications, ecosystem partners, ISV solutions, and end users.
With zDIH, you can create a current in-memory cache on z/OS® to efficiently share current information with downstream applications and users. zDIH caches provide intelligible, consumable information that accelerates downstream hybrid cloud application development. In fact, zDIH has been shown to accelerate time to value by 40% for hybrid cloud applications that consume core system application information.
These zDIH caches can also serve business analysts on demand with information from core systems without impacting production systems. Using current information in a self-service model can enable business analysts to more quickly resolve client issues.
Since zDIH is highly
zDIH provides an in-memory database and runtime environment for Java to create real-time caches, along with facilities to accelerate the creation of these caches.
Additionally, there are a variety of methods to keep the cache current in real time and at scale throughout the day with information from core systems.
The zDIH caches interact with consumers using standard interfaces such as Representational State Transfer
(REST), Kafka, and
Many applications and end users such as business analysts require more real-time, consumable information from core business applications running on systems of record — the question is where to start!
Good-fit zDIH use cases have the following characteristics:
- There is business value to providing real-time information from core systems to hybrid cloud applications, and those applications currently use data that is extracted periodically, which poses a barrier to business goals.
- The information to be shared is composed or aggregated rather than raw data.
- The majority of the information to be consumed originates from core applications on z/OS.
- The information shared in a zDIH cache is for query processing.
Interested in learning more? Participate in a free workshop with IBM® subject matter experts to:
- Identify and validate possible use cases for technical suitability
- Select a high-value use case based on identified business benefits
- Create the high-level architecture flow.
zDIH begins with a short-term proof of concept (PoC) to provide an accelerated use case implementation and deployment with minimal up-front investment.
During a PoC, your use case is implemented and optimized using your test data.
Throughout the PoC, your stakeholders validate the implementation and output to ensure the PoC meets your needs. Participation in a collaborative PoC grows your team's skills in zDIH.
At the end of the PoC you have:
- An implemented use case that you can quickly deploy in your environment.
- Java applications to prime the zDIH cache and maintain cache currency. These applications are aligned to your use case but can also provide the foundation for additional use cases.
- Recommended configurations, tuning, and best practices for rapid deployment.
- Design documentation of your implemented use case.
- Knowledge transfer of the PoC assets.
See how M&T Bank implemented zDIH.
Learn about real-time sharing between z/OS applications and AWS.
See how zDIH helps implement the CQRS pattern.
See how MuleSoft and zDIH integrate seamlessly.
Leveraging zDIH, M&T Bank embarked on an application modernization journey to deliver more accurate business outcomes and a better user experience.
This is a keynote presentation from the In-Memory Computing Summit.
This is a presentation from the In-Memory Computing Summit.
In the Technical resources section, the link on the Optimized CQRS Pattern tile was changed.
AWS and zDIH was added to the Technical resources section.
MuleSoft and zDIH was added to the Technical resources section.
zDIH Customer Story video was added to the Introduction and Technical resources sections.
Optimized CQRS Pattern was added to the Technical resources section.