Analyzing data (Watson Studio)
You can analyze and visualize your data in analytics projects with the Watson Studio service. Supplemental services to Watson Studio add tools and compute resources to analytics projects.
Service The Watson Studio service is not available by default. An administrator must install this service on the IBM Cloud Pak for Data platform. To determine whether the service is installed, open the Services catalog and check whether the service is enabled.
To get started analyzing data with Watson Studio:
- Create or open an analytics project:
- To create a project, choose Projects > View all projects from the main menu and then click New project on the My Projects page and choose Analytics project. See creating an analytics project.
- To open an existing project, choose Projects > View all projects from the main menu and then click the name of the analytics project.
- Add data to the project. Alternatively, you can add data from within a tool.
- Start analyzing data. Find out how to choose the right tool in Watson Studio. You can use any of these methods with Watson Studio and its supplementary services:
- Analyze data by writing code in Jupyter notebooks.
- Code notebooks and Python scripts in the JupyterLab IDE with the version control features of a Git repository.
- Visualize and prepare data in Data Refinery.
- Develop Shiny applications in the RStudio IDE, if you have the RStudio Server with R 3.6 service installed.
- Visualize your data without coding with Cognos dashboards, if you have the Cognos Dashboards service installed.
- Run analytic workloads with Spark environments or Spark APIs, if you have the Analytics Engine powered by Apache Spark service installed.
- Ingest and analyze streaming data using streams flows if you have the Streams and the Streams flow services installed.
- Analyze data on Apache Hadoop clusters, if you have the Execution Engine for Apache Hadoop service installed.
- Build models, if you have the Watson Machine Learning, the SPSS Modeler, or the Decision Optimization service installed.
If you don’t have the Watson Studio service installed, you can analyze data with these services:
- Cognos Analytics: Create compelling visualizations and dashboards without needing a data science background.
- Analytics Engine powered by Apache Spark: Run analytic workloads with Spark APIs.
- Streams: Ingest and analyze streaming data.