Adding data to Data Refinery (Data Refinery)
You can add data to Data Refinery in one of several ways:
- Select Refine from the menu of a data asset in the project
- Preview a data asset in the project and then choose to refine it
- Navigate to Data Refinery first and then add data to it
Navigate to Data Refinery
Access Data Refinery from within a project. Click Add to project > Data Refinery flow.
If you already have a Data Refinery flow, you can go to the project’s Assets tab and click New Data Refinery flow in the Data Refinery flows section.
To add data after you navigate to Data Refinery:
Select the data you want to work with from Data assets or from Connections.
From Data assets:
- Select a data file (the selection includes data files that have already been shaped with Data Refinery)
- Select a connected data asset
- Select a connection and file
- Select a connection, folder, and file
- Select a connection, schema, and table or view
Data Refinery supports Avro, CSV, JSON, Parquet, TSV (read only), or delimited text files.
Click Add to load the data into Data Refinery.
Tip: If your data doesn’t display in tabular form, specify the format of your data source. Go to the Data tab. Scroll down to the SOURCE FILE information at the bottom of the page. Click the “Specify data format” icon.