Exploring relationships (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
You can display a graph to view the relationships among governance artifacts or information assets to better understand how data is connected. This graph is supported for information assets and governance artifacts, excluding classifications, reference data, and data protection rules.
- Required permissions
- To explore asset and artifact relationships, you must have this user permission:
- View information assets
Limitation: The graph is not available for a policy if the policy name exists in more than one primary category.
To open the relationship graph in the Relationships pane:
- Open a governance artifact to view details.
- Click . The relationship graph opens in a new window.
You can do the following:
- To display relationships among governance artifacts and information assets that are in the graph, click the plus icon.
- To hide the expanded nodes, click the close icon on each node.
- If more than one information asset or governance artifact of a given type is related, such a relationship is displayed as a group. Click the plus icon to display all information assets or governance artifacts at once. To select which information assets or governance artifacts to display, click the name of the group and select specific information assets or governance artifacts.
- To display details for a governance artifact or information asset, click its name.
- To display the graph in the center of the window, click the Center graph icon.
- To hide selected types of governance artifacts or information assets and relationships from the graph, click the Filter icon. Clear the check boxes for governance artifact or information asset types and relationships that you do not want to display in the graph.
- To modify how information assets are displayed, click the Settings icon. You can:
- Display or hide relationship name.
- Display or hide information asset or governance artifacts details view.
- Pin graph nodes, which means that when you expand nodes, the ones which are already displayed don’t change their position.
- To save the graph in the SVG format, click the Save as SVG icon.