Deploying a script
Once a script is copied to a deployment space, you can deploy it for use.
Notes for deploying a script
Supported types for scripts are Python scripts and R scripts.
- Batch deployment is the only supported deployment type.
- Your software specification is included when the script is promoted from a project. For details on software specifications, see Specifying a model type and software specification.
- Deploying a script to run on a Hadoop environment is not currently supported.
For details on supported input and output types and setting environment variables, see Batch deployment details.
Deploying a script from a space
A batch deployment processes input data from a file and writes the output to a file.
Before you begin
- Save or promote to deployment space.
- Add the input file for the batch deployment to the space.
For details on making assets available in a space, see Deployment spaces.
Creating the batch deployment
- From the deployment space, click the name of the script you want to deploy.
- From the Deployments tab, click Create deployment.
- Choose Batch as the deployment type and enter a name for your deployment.
- Choose a configuration based on the CPU and RAM that should be allocated for this deployment.
- Click Create to create the deployment.
- When the status changes to Deployed, click the deployment name, then click Create job to configure how to run the deployment.
- Select the input data source you promoted or uploaded to the space and provide a name for the output file that will contain the results.
- Choose the environment for running the script. Attention: The default environment is
Default spark python3.7. You must manually override this with the correct environment for your script.
- (Optional) Schedule when the batch job should run. Scheduled jobs display on the Jobs tab of the deployment space. You can edit the schedule and other options from the Jobs tab.
- Click Create to create the run. Results of the run are written to the specified output file and saved as a project asset.