MongoDB Enterprise Advanced is a cross-platform, document-oriented, NoSQL
database. Rather than table-based relational database
structure, it uses JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas, which makes it
easier and faster to integrate data in certain types of applications.
With the MongoDB service you can create highly performant, highly available
databases with automatic scaling in your IBM Cloud Pak for Data cluster so
that you can govern the data and use it for in-depth analysis.
Integrating a MongoDB database into Cloud Pak for Data can be useful in the following
- You need an operational database that supports a rapidly changing data
- You want lightweight, low-latency analytics integrated into your operational
- You need real-time views of your business, even if your data is in silos.
- You develop applications and need a database that can:
- Store large amounts of data with different data types, such as structure, unstructured, and polymorphic data
- Support millions of users.
- Personalize the content that you deliver to customers.
- You need to store large amounts of data from Internet of Things devices or
- You need to maintain a catalog.
- You need to store and serve many different types of content.