IBM Db2 Warehouse is an analytics data warehouse that features in-memory data
processing and in-database analytics. It is client-managed and optimized for fast and flexible deployment, with
automated scaling that supports analytics workloads.
Based on the number of worker nodes selected, IBM Cloud Pak for Data automatically creates the
appropriate data warehouse environment. For a single node, the warehouse uses symmetric multiprocessing (SMP)
architecture for cost-efficiency. For two or more nodes, the warehouse is
deployed using a massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture for high
availability and improved performance. Using the Db2 Warehouse operator and containers in Cloud Pak for Data, you can deploy Db2 Warehouse by using a cloud-native model, providing these values:
- Lifecycle management: Similar to a cloud service, it’s easy to install, upgrade, and manage Db2 Warehouse.
- Ability to deploy your Db2 Warehouse database in minutes
- A rich ecosystem: Data Management Console, REST, Graph
- Extended availability of Db2 Warehouse with a multi-tier resiliency strategy
- Support for software-defined storage such as OCS and IBM Spectrum Scale CSI.