IBM Db2 provides advanced data management and analytics
capabilities for transactional workloads. Db2 has no
processor, memory, or database size limits, which makes it ideal for any size
workload. The Db2 service enables you to create these
databases in your Cloud Pak for Data cluster so that you can govern the data
and use it for more in-depth analysis. Using the Db2 operator and containers in Cloud Pak for Data, you can deploy Db2
by using a cloud-native model, providing these values:
- Lifecycle management: Similar to a cloud service, it’s easy to install, upgrade, and manage Db2.
- Ability to deploy your Db2 database in minutes
- A rich ecosystem: Data Management Console, REST, Graph
- Extended availability of Db2 with a multi-tier resiliency strategy
- Support for software-defined storage such as OCS and IBM Spectrum Scale CSI.
Integrating a Db2 database with Cloud Pak for Data can be useful in the
- You need your transactional data to be governed, such as data from a
website, bank, or retail store.
- You want to create a replica of your transactional database so that you can
run analytics without impacting regular business operations.
- You need to ensure the integrity of your data by using an ACID-compliant
- You need a low-latency database.
- You need real-time insight into your business operations.