IBM Db2 Event Store is a cloud-native database system that is designed to handle
massive amounts of structured data that is stored in Apache Parquet format.
Because it is optimized for event-driven data processing and analysis, this
high-speed data store can capture, analyze, and store more than 250 billion
events per day. It is ideal for:
- Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
- Web commerce
The data store is flexible and scalable to adapt quickly to your
changing business needs. With the Db2 Event Store service, you can create
these data stores in your Cloud Pak for Data cluster so that you can govern
the data and use it for more in-depth analysis.
Using an integrated Db2 Event Store database can be helpful in the following
- You need to govern and catalog streaming data as it is ingested.
- You need to search the data as it is ingested.
- You need to rapidly ingest large amounts of streaming data (up to one
million inserts per second per node) and use it for real-time analytics with
integrated machine learning capabilities.
Db2 Event Store is recommended if you need to ingest data from streaming data
sources or IOT devices or sensors, for example to:
- Analyze incoming data from different medical devices in real time to
provide better health outcomes for patients while providing cost savings for
moving the data to storage.
- Analyze huge volumes of data from airplane sensors in real time to
ensure passenger safety.
- Analyze large amounts of data from weather sensors in real time to make
accurate weather forecasts.
- Ingest huge volumes of trading data and trigger real-time derivative
calculations that are recorded to the database.