Installing software utilities (Open Data for Industries)
Get your cluster ready to install Open Data for Industries.
Before you install the IBM® Open Data for Industries service on Open Data for Industries, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- The Cloud Pak for Data control plane is already installed on your Red Hat® OpenShift® cluster. For details, see Installing IBM Cloud Pak for Data.
- The supporting utilities for Open Data for Industries service are installed and configured.
Follow these steps to install and configure supporting utilities:
- Log in to your Red Hat OpenShift cluster as a project
oc login OpenShift_URL:port
- Download the following file from IBM
- Part number: G00FGZX
- Description: IBM Open Data for Industries Installation Utility Tools V1.0 Multiplatform
- File name: ODforI_utilities_tools.tar
- Unzip ODforI_utilities_tools.tar, which contains the automation script,
preReqAutomation.sh. In the following example, the tar file
is unzipped to a directory named ODI_Install:
tar -xvf ODforI_utilities_tools.tar -C ODI_Install
- Change to the directory where the tar file was unzipped.
- Run the preReqAutomation.sh script, specifying the appropriate storage class.
Valid storage classes include ibmc-block-gold and
ocs-storagecluster-ceph-rbd. The following example specifies the
ibmc-block-gold storage class:
The preReqAutomation.sh script installs the following utilities on the cluster:
- Optional: Create users by using the Open Data for Industries identity provider, which is Keycloak. Follow these
steps to create users:
- From the current directory where the tar file was unzipped, change to the KeycloakBulkUserCreation directory.
- Add user details in the UserList.csv file, following the format of the sample entry in the file.
- When all users' details are provided, delete the sample entry before saving the file.
- From the current directory, run the following
./kcUser_Creation.sh <ingress_certificate_name>Note: You can retrieve the
<ingress_certificate_name>by viewing the Secrets section of the openshift-ingress namespace in the OpenShift web console.
- Log in to OpenShift cluster to validate installation.