Provisioning an instance of OpenPages
Before you can use the OpenPages® service, you must provision an instance.
Before you begin
About this task
You can provision instances by using the Cloud Pak for Data web client or the command line. For information about using the command line, see Provisioning an instance of OpenPages by using the command line.
- Log in to the Cloud Pak for Data web client as an administrator.
- From the navigation menu, select .
- Locate and select the OpenPages tile.
- Click Provision Instance.
- Type a name and description for your instance.
- Click Namespace and select the project (namespace) where you want
OpenPages installed. Click
- If you're using a tethered project for OpenPages, select the tethered project.
- Otherwise, select the project where Cloud Pak for Data is installed.
- Select a size for your instance, and then click Next.
- Choose configuration options for the database server. OpenPages uses a Db2 database. Configure the options for the database.Use the information provided by your cluster administrator.
- Internal database
- If your cluster uses dedicated nodes for the database, click Use dedicated
nodes and type the label of the dedicated nodes.
Next, select the storage classes to use for the database. Get this information from your cluster administrator.
- External database
- If your deployment is using a database that is outside of Cloud Pak for Data, click External database and type the name of the database secret.
- Choose configuration options for the application servers. OpenPages stores application files in a directory that is called openpages-storage. Select the storage class that you want to use for the openpages-storage directory. Get this information from your cluster administrator.
- Click Next and review the information.
- Click Create. Wait for the provisioning process to complete.
What to do next
After you provision the instance, you need to do some post-installation tasks before users use OpenPages.