Managing users (Cognos Analytics)
After you provision the Cognos® Analytics service, you must give users access to the service.
Before you begin
Required permissions: To complete this task the first time, you must be the user who provisioned the service. If you add other users as Analytics Administrators for the service, they can also manage users.
About this task
As an administrator of the Cognos Analytics service, you can specify which users have access to the service and the permissions that they have.
Users can have one of the following roles:
To manage the users who can access the service:
- Log in to the IBM® Cloud Pak for Data web client.
- From the menu, select My instances.
- On the Provisioned instances tab, locate the cognos-analytics-app instance.
- From the action menu, select Manage access.
- To add users:
- Click Grant access.
- Select the users to add and the role that each user has. You cannot change a user's role after you add them. If you need to change their role, you must delete the user and re-add them with a new role.
- Click OK.
- To remove users, select the user. Then, from the actions menu, click Remove.