If the default roles that are provided with Cloud Pak for Data do not meet your needs, you can create new roles or edit the permissions that are associated with the default roles.
Before you begin
- Required permissions
- To manage roles, you must have one of the following permissions:
- Administer platform
- Configure authentication
You can create and edit roles from the Roles tab of the User management page.
About this task
To create a role:
- Log in to Cloud Pak for Data.
- From the navigation menu, select .
- Open the Roles tab.
- Click New role.
- Enter a name and a description for the role.
- Under Permissions, select the permissions that you want to associate with the role.
- Click Create.
You can now assign the role to users and groups.