Integrating a Db2 Warehouse database with Cloud Pak for Data can be useful in the following
- You have developers who need to create small-scale database management
systems for development and test work. For example, if you need to test new
applications and data sources in a development environment before you move
them to a production environment.
- You want to accelerate line-of-business analytics projects by creating a
data mart service that combines a governed data source with analytic
- You need to deliver self-service analytics solutions and applications that
leverage data that is generated from new sources and is ingested directly into
the private cloud warehouse.
- You want to migrate a subset of applications or data from an on-premises
data warehouse to a private cloud.
- You want to save money or improve performance by migrating on-premises data
marts or an on-premises data warehouse to a cloud-native data warehouse.
- You want to support data scientists who are coding and need to store data locally and
need to use a logical representation.
- You want to reduce network traffic and improve analytic performance by
storing your data near your analytics engine.
- You have multiple departments, and each department requires their own
database management system.