Modeling and reporting with Planning Analytics
With the IBM® Planning Analytics service, you can identify and understand patterns and relationships in your business data.
Within the Planning Analytics service, Planning Analytics Workspace is a web-based interface that provides full modeling, reporting, planning, and administrative capabilities.
Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel is an Excel-based tool that you can use to build sophisticated reports in a familiar spreadsheet environment.
Service This service is not available by default. An administrator must install this service on the IBM Cloud Pak for Data platform, and you must be given access to the service. To determine whether the service is installed, open the Services catalog and check whether the service is enabled.
Open the Planning Analytics service
To open Planning Analytics from Cloud Pak for Data, complete the following steps:
- Go to your My Instances page and find the Planning Analytics instance in the list. The instance appears only if your administrator deployed the service and granted you access to it.
- From the action menu for the instance, click Open. Planning Analytics opens in a separate browser tab for you to use.
Detailed documentation for IBM Planning Analytics
The full set of documentation for using IBM Planning Analytics is available on the IBM Planning Analytics Knowledge Center.
Planning Analytics components not supported in Cloud Pak for Data
These Planning Analytics components are not supported in IBM Cloud Pak for Data.
- Cognos® Command Center
- Cognos Insight®
- Cognos Integration Server
- Performance Modeler
- TM1® Applications
- TM1 Architect
- TM1 Operations Console
- TM1 Perspectives
- TM1 Web
- Command line utilities, such as TM1RunTI and TM1Crypt.exe
Planning Analytics features not supported in Cloud Pak for Data
These Planning Analytics features, listed by component, are not supported in IBM Cloud Pak for Data.
- Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel
- Formula mode reports
- Planning Analytics Workspace
- Websheets are not supported when using Planning Analytics Workspace connected to an internal Cloud Pak for Data TM1 server.
- Websheets are supported when using Planning Analytics Workspace connected to an external TM1 server.
- TM1 Server
- ODBC data sources
- ExecuteJavaN TurboIntegrator function
- ExecuteJavaS TurboIntegrator function
- ExecuteCommand TurboIntegrator function
- REST API
- TM1 as a data source in Cognos Analytics