Obtaining the installation files
Before you install Cloud Pak for Data, ensure that the installation files are available on your client system.
Ensure that you have:
Before you begin
- Your entitlement license API key from the Container software library on My IBM and your IBM ID.After you order IBM® Cloud Pak for Data, an entitlement key for the software is associated with your My IBM account. To get the entitlement key:
- Log in to Container software library on My IBM with the IBM ID and password that are associated with the entitled software.
- On the Get entitlement key tab, select Copy key to copy the entitlement key to the clipboard.
- Save the API key in a text file.
- A Linux or Mac OS client workstation to run the installation from. The workstation does not have to be a node of the cluster, but must have internet access and be able to connect to the Red Hat® OpenShift® cluster.
- Obtain the installation files:
- On the Linux or Mac OS workstation, download the appropriate file from cpd-cli
- Extract the contents of the TAR
A bin folder is created in the current directory with the cpd command binaries and a
tar -xvf cloudpak4data*.tgz
repo.yaml. After you extract the contents of the TAR file, you can delete it from your file system to save space.
- On the Linux or Mac OS workstation, download the appropriate file from cpd-cli GitHub:
- Set up the requirements for the cpd command:
- On the same workstation, download and extract either the Linux or Mac OS
oc client tools that match your OpenShift version from the Get Started with the CLI 3.11 or Getting started with the CLI 4.5 web site. The oc command is required for the cpd command to succeed.
- Edit the repo.yaml server definition file that you
downloaded. This file specifies the repositories for the cpd command to download the installation files from. Make the following changes to the file:
- Some services are hosted in separate repositories. If you plan to install any of the
services listed in the following table, add the appropriate entries the
- On the same workstation, download and extract either the Linux or Mac OS oc client tools that match your OpenShift version from the Get Started with the CLI 3.11 or Getting started with the CLI 4.5 web site.
- Save the file.