Installing Unified Governance and Integration
The Unified Governance and Integration add-on is installed by default when you install either IBM® Cloud Pak for Data Enterprise Edition or Cloud Native Edition.
About this task
The Unified Governance and Integration add-on gives you the ability to create a business glossary that you can use to ensure that your data is business-ready. You can use the add-on to create terms, categories, rules, and policies for your data. Additionally, you can explore and profile your data to automatically assign terms to assets, to understand the quality of your data, and to see how different data in your enterprise is related.
Complete this task only if you do not have the add-on installed.
The add-on is included in the Cloud Pak for Data Enterprise Edition installation package and the Cloud Native Edition installation package.
- SSH into the master node (
master-1) of your cluster as
- Ensure that you have a directory called
modules in your installation files partition. For example,
/ibm/modules. If the directory doesn't exist, use the mkdir command to create it.
- Download the appropriate BIN file from IBM
Edition Existing IBM Cloud Private installation file Stand-alone IBM Cloud Pak for Data installation file Enterprise Edition
- x86-64: ICP4D_ENT_Req_ICP_x86_Vnnn.bin
- x86-64: ICP4D_ENT_INC_ICP_x86_Vnnn.bin
Cloud Native Edition
- x86-64: ICP4D_CNE_Req_ICP_x86_Vnnn.bin
- x86-64: ICP4D_CNE_INC_ICP_x86_Vnnn.bin
- x86-64: ICP4D_SE_Req_ICP_x86_Vnnn.bin
- Make the BIN file
executable. For example:
chmod +x ICP4D_ENT_INC_ICP_x86_Vnnn.bin
- Run the BIN file. For
- When prompted, enter y to download
the installation file. The BIN file downloads installation file:
Edition Existing IBM Cloud Private installation file Stand-alone Cloud Pak for Data installation file Enterprise Edition
- x86-64: /ibm/ICP4D/icp4d_ee_pre_nnn_x86_64.tar
- x86-64: /ibm/ICP4D/icp4d_ee_nnn_x86_64.tar
Cloud Native Edition
- x86-64: /ibm/ICP4D/icp4d_cne_pre_nnn_x86_64.tar
- x86-64: /ibm/ICP4D/icp4d_cne_nnn_x86_64.tar
- x86-64: icp4d_sys_pre_nnn.tar
- Extract the contents of the installation file to a temporary
directory. For example:
tar -xvf /ibm/ICP4D/icp4d_ee_nnn_x86_64.tar -C /tmp
- Move the ibm-iisee-zen-nnn.tar file from the
/tmp/ibm/modules directory to the modules directory in
your installation files partition. For example, /ibm/modules:
mv /tmp/ibm/modules/ibm-iisee-zen-nnn.tar /ibm/modules/
- Change to the /ibm/InstallPackage/components directory.
- Run the deploy.sh script to deploy the