Installing the Data Refinery add-on
You can install the Data Refinery add-on on top of IBM® Cloud Pak for Data.
SSH into the master node (
master-1) of your cluster as
- Change to the /modules directory in your installer files partition. For example, /ibm/modules.
- Use the mkdir command to create a subdirectory called refinery.
- Download the appropriate file from IBM Passport Advantage:
- Enterprise Edition and Cloud Native Edition: WSPre_Data_Refinery_Vnnn.bin
- Change to the directory where the file was downloaded and make the
BIN file executable:
chmod +x WSPre_Data_Refinery_Vnnn.bin
- Run the BIN file:
This downloads the following TAR file to the ibm/modules directory: data_refinery.tar.
- Move the data_refinery.tar file to the
mv /ibm/modules/data_refinery.tar /ibm/modules/refinery/
- Change to the /ibm/InstallPackage/components directory.
- Run the deploy.sh script to deploy the
- Confirm that the add-on appears in the following directory: /ibm/InstallPackage/modules/refinery.
What to do next
For more information on using the add-on, see Refine data sets.