Enable additional analytics development environments
By default, IBM® Cloud Pak for Data includes Jupyter Notebook Server with Python 3.6. You can optionally install other development environments.
- Jupyter notebook 5.7.0
- Anaconda3 5.2 with the
- Python 3.6
- Apache Spark 2.3.2
- Jupyter Notebook Server with Python 2.7
- Jupyter Notebook Server with Python 3.5
- RStudio Server with R3.4.3
- Zeppelin Notebook Server 0.7.3 with Anaconda2 4.4
If you need more information about the development environments, you can get a description of the contents from the add-ons catalog.
Installing analytics development environments
- SSH into the master node (
master-1) of your cluster as
- Download the following file from IBM Passport Advantage:
- For Enterprise Edition, download AnalyticsEnv_x86_nnn.bin.
- For Cloud Native Edition, download AnalyticEnv_CNE_x86_Vnnn.bin.
- Change to the directory where the file was downloaded and make the BIN file
chmod +x AnalyticsEnv_x86_nnn.bin
- Run the BIN
This downloads the following TAR file to the ibm/modules directory: analytics-environments.tar.
- Change to the /modules directory in your installer files partition. For example, /ibm/modules.
- Use the mkdir command to create a subdirectory called analytics-environments.
- Extract the contents of the TAR file into the
/modules/analytics-environments directory that you created in your installation
files partition. For
tar -xvf analytics-environments.tar -C /ibm/modules/analytics-environments
- Change to the ibm/InstallPackage/components directory.
- Run the deploy.sh script to deploy each environment that you want to
Environment Command Jupyter Notebook Server with Python 2.7
Jupyter Notebook Server with Python 3.5
RStudio Server with R3.4.3
Zeppelin Notebook Server 0.7.3 with Anaconda2 4.4