Watson Discovery add-on
The Watson™ Discovery add-on offers an AI-powered search engine that you can use to extract answers from complex business documents.
This feature is available only if your administrator configures the Watson Discovery add-on.
With Watson Discovery, you can visually train AI for deep understanding of your content, including tables and images, to help you find business value that is hidden in your enterprise. Use natural language or structured queries to find relevant answers and surface insights, and build AI-enhanced business processes anywhere by using powerful API interfaces.
Creating and accessing a service instance
- Navigate to your IBM Cloud Pak for Data instance and log
By default, the URL is https://host name:31843.
- From the main navigation, select My instances. If an instance is already
provisioned, continue with the next step. If not, first provision an instance:
- Open the Add-ons page by click the Add-ons link.
- Find the add-on service on the page, click the options icon and select Provision instance.
- On the Provisioned instances tab, to the right of the service instance, click the ellipses icon (…) and select Open.
- Click the instance.
- Depending on the service, complete the appropriate steps:
Option Steps For services that have graphical interfaces Click Launch tool For services that have APIs Use the credentials to make calls to the API
Adding users to the service instance
- Open the service instance.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click Add user to add Cloud Pak for Data users to this service instance.