Downloading the Data Virtualization installation package
The software for installing the data virtualization add-on in your IBM® Cloud Pak for Data cluster is provided as a separate package, which you must download to your cluster.
About this task
SSH into the master node (
master-1) of your cluster as
- Change to the /modules directory in your installer files partition. For example, /ibm/modules.
Obtain the data virtualization add-on package:
- Download the appropriate BIN file from IBM Passport
- For Enterprise Edition, download ICP4DATA_DV_x86_Vnnnbin.
- For Cloud Native Edition, download ICP4DATA_CNE_DV_x86_Vnnn.bin.
- Change to the directory where the file was downloaded and make the
BIN file executable. For example:
chmod +x ICP4DATA_DV_x86_Vnnnbin
- Run the BIN file:
This downloads the following TAR file: Data_Virtualization/Packages/data_virtualization.tar
- Download the appropriate BIN file from IBM Passport Advantage:
- Change to the /ibm/InstallPackage/components/ directory.
- Run the following command to enable Cloud Pak for Data to detect the package:
It can take 20 minutes for the deploy.sh script to complete.
- Verify that the add-on was properly enabled:
- Log in to the Cloud Pak for Data web client.
- From the toolbar, click the Add-ons icon ().
- Locate the Data Virtualization tile under the Data sources category or by searching it in the Find add-ons. Ensure that the status is Enabled.