Configuring a GDPC environment
Configuring a geographically dispersed Db2® pureScale® cluster (GDPC) environment involves getting the cluster installed and running, setting up IBM® Spectrum Scale replication, creating a database, and configuring the cluster for high availability.
Before you begin
- IBM support for a geographically dispersed Db2 pureScale cluster (GDPC) implementation requires the engagement of IBM Lab Services for separately charged initial installation services. Contact your IBM sales representative for details.
- The support of Infiniband network type in GDPC has been deprecated. Switch to use RoCE or TCP/IP network as an alternative.
Ensure that the conditions indicated in best practice in the GDPC infrastructure and GDPC-specific prerequisite conditions section are met before proceeding.
About this task
For this example, the following hardware configurations are used:
- Site A: Hosts hostA1, hostA2, hostA3
- Site B: Hosts hostB1, hostB2, hostB3
- Site C: Host T
- LUNs on disks located at Site A
/dev/hdiskA1 /dev/hdiskA2 /dev/hdiskA3 /dev/hdiskA4 /dev/hdiskA5 /dev/hdiskA6 /dev/hdiskA7
/dev/hdiskA1is used for the instance shared file system;
/dev/hdiskA2is used for the database log file system; and
/dev/hdiskA7are used for the database data file system.
- LUNs on disks located at Site B
/dev/hdiskB1 /dev/hdiskB2 /dev/hdiskB3 /dev/hdiskB4 /dev/hdiskB5 /dev/hdiskB6 /dev/hdiskB7
/dev/hdiskB1is used for the instance shared file system;
/dev/hdiskB2is used for the database log file system; and
/dev/hdiskB7are used for the database data file system.
- LUNs on disks located at Site C are as follows. These disks can be as small as 50 MB volumes.
example uses hdisk as the device type. On AIX® operating systems, you can use logical volumes as the device
/dev/hdiskC1 /dev/hdiskC2 /dev/hdiskC3
- Database MYDB is to be created on instance db2inst1.
- db2inst1 has three file systems:
- logfs for transaction logs and database metadata for MYDB.
- datafs for database containers for MYDB.
- db2fs1 for the shared file system for the instance
Where uid is the user ID that executes the command, host is where the command should be executed, and command is the command to execute.
- Install the cluster.
- Set up IBM Spectrum Scale replication
- Configure the cluster for high availability
- Create the database.
What to do next
Once you have configured your GDPC environment, validate the GDPC through testing.