Installing IBM Data Studio using the Db2 Setup wizard (Windows)
Start the Db2 Setup wizard to define your installation preferences and to install IBM Data Studio components.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the computer where you are installing IBM Data Studio meets the installation, memory, disk, and user privilege requirements. For details, see Installation requirements in the IBM Data Studio Information Center.
- Ensure that the computer where you are installing IBM Data Studio has an internet connection. If an internet connection is not possible, you must download this tool to the computer.
- You must have a local Administrator user account with the recommended user rights to perform the
installation.Note: If a non-Administrator user account is going to do the product installation, then the VS2010 runtime library must be installed before attempting to install a Db2 database product. The VS2010 runtime library is needed on the operating system before the Db2 database product can be installed. The VS2010 runtime library is available from the Microsoft runtime library download website. There are two choices: choose vcredist_x86.exe for 32-bit systems or vcredist_x64.exe for 64-bit systems.
- You should close all programs so that the installation program can update any files on the computer without requiring a reboot.
- For installations from a virtual drive, you must map the network drive to a Windows drive letter. The Db2 Setup wizard does not support installation from a virtual drive or an unmapped network drive (such as \\hostname\sharename in Windows Explorer).
About this task
If you downloaded IBM Data Studio, perform the Installing IBM Data Studio full client with the Installation Manager Install wizard task in the IBM Data Studio Information Center.
- The Db2 Setup wizard fields do not accept non-English characters.
- If you enable extended security on Windows, users must belong to the DB2ADMNS or DB2USERS group to run local Db2 commands and applications because of an extra security feature (User Access Control) that limits the privileges that local administrators have by default. If users do not belong to one of these groups, they will not have read access to local Db2 configuration or application data.
To install the IBM Data Studio using the Db2 Setup wizard:
- Log on to the system with the local Administrator account that you have defined for the Db2 installation.
- If you have the Db2 database product DVD, insert it into the drive. If enabled, the autorun feature automatically starts the Db2 Setup Launchpad. If the autorun does not work, use Windows Explorer to browse the Db2 database product DVD and double-click the setup icon to start the Db2 Setup Launchpad.
- If you downloaded the Db2 database product from Passport Advantage®, run the executable file to extract the Db2 database product installation files. Use Windows Explorer to browse the Db2 installation files and double-click the setup icon to start the Db2 Setup Launchpad.
- From the Db2 Setup launchpad, you can view installation prerequisites and the release notes, or you can proceed directly to the installation. You might want to review the installation prerequisites and release notes for late-breaking information.
- Click Install Data Studio Components and the Install Data Studio Components window displays the products available for installation.
- To install the IBM Data Studio client and the IBM Data Studio web console, click Install. The IBM Installation Manager is called and downloads the IBM Data Studio components.
- Follow the installation wizard to install the IBM Data Studio components.