Manually allowing the Db2 installer to take over a user-managed IBM Spectrum Scale cluster
Use this task to pass the ownership of your user managed IBM® Spectrum Scale cluster to the IBM Db2 pureScale® Feature.
Before you begin
- You need root access on each host to perform these steps.
- The Db2 pureScale Feature must be installed on all hosts in the IBM Spectrum Scale cluster
About this task
To take over a user-managed IBM Spectrum Scale cluster:
- Log on as root on any machine in your cluster.
- Run the db2cluster_prepare command
with the following parameters:
- Check the error return code using the echo $? command. If there are errors, resolve the errors and rerun the command as specified in Step 2.
- To verify that you've properly added the record, run the
The following sample output should be returned: