Performance study of the OSA-Express3 Inbound Workload Queueing (IWQ) function, which is exploited by z/OS V1R12 Communications Server.
This paper includes:
As mentioned in the abstract information in this release may be applicable to current z/OS CS releases and current OSA Exp4/5.
- IWQ performance results for three major workloads
- IWQ deployment recommendations
- Interrupt timing analysis for mixed (interactive+streaming) workloads
- Throughput and CPU consumption analysis for purely streaming workloads
- Discussion about IWQ enablement
- IWQ diagnostics
Original Publication Date
01 December 2013
17 June 2018