On a Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 operating system, IBM Process Designer does not install using the basic installation method.
Diagnosing The Problem
You can see this issue in the following situations:
- IBM Process Designer is not installed to the default directory, which is C:\IBM\ProcessDesigner
- IBM Process Designer does not start or receive errors when it is starting
Resolving The Problem
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
- Delete process designer directory in C:\IBM
- Download the process designer compressed file (.zip file) from your Process Center. The default location is http://server_name:9080/ProcessCenter
- Decompress the file to a temporary directory.
- In the temporary directory, copy and rename the installProcessDesigner_admin.bat file to a new file name, such as installProcessDesigner_admin2.bat
- Edit the copied file and comment out line 29 by using REM. Line 29 has the following content:
"%CUR_DIR%\IM\installc.exe" -installationDirectory "%ProgramFiles%\IBM\InstallationManager" -log silent_install.log
- Save the file.
- Open a command prompt, type the name of the file, select the file name in the results, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Run the new .bat file.
If your server has Version 7.5.0 Fix Pack 1 (184.108.40.206) installed, use the IBM Installation Manager to upgrade IBM Process Designer to Fix Pack 1. The downloaded IBM Process Designer is not upgraded automatically when the server is upgraded to Fix Pack 1. The IBM Process Designer fix level needs to match the server.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018