Effective 30 September 2018, IBM will withdraw support for the PureApplication 2.2.0, 2.2.1, and 2.2.2 firmware levels
Effective 30 September 2018, IBM will withdraw support for firmware levels 2.2.0, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 on the following PureApplication appliance related products:
- PureApplication Software & Software Suite (5725-Q52, 5737-B07)
- PureApplication Service (5725-R71, 5725-R72)
- PureApplication System W1500 (5725-G32)
- PureApplication System W1700 (5725-F46)
- PureApplication System W2500 (5725-Q93)
- PureApplication System W2700 (5725-Q94)
- PureApplication System W3700 (5725-X32)
- Bluemix Local System W3500 and W3550 (5725-Z16, 5725-Z17)
Customers running firmware levels 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 are advised to plan to upgrade to the latest supported releases of the PureApplication firmware in order to continue receiving technical support, as well as proactively avoiding problems that are already resolved.
IBM recommends that users consider applying the latest fix pack version (2.2.3 or later) of the firmware. Of course, in the case of upgrading firmware for any critical expert systems, IBM recommends that users test their configuration and surrounding applications before moving into production.
In addition, refer to the following documents:
Was this topic helpful?
25 June 2018