The document describes new features contained in IBM Rational ClearCase version 184.108.40.206.
New features in Rational ClearCase version 220.127.116.11 include:
- The ability to run a merge procedure from the command line for Rational Software Architect logical models under ClearCase control.
- The integration between Rational ClearTeam Explorer and Rational Team Concert is now supported in a Microsoft Visual Studio for .net context.
- When using Rational Software Architect version 8.5.1 CP2 or later, running a logical model merge process now invokes the model merge tool in an editor instead of a dialog box.
- In the ClearTeam Explorer Version Tree, users can now perform a 'Compare with Predecessor' procedure or a 'Compare with Another Version' procedure on a checked out version from a dynamic view that is not already started.
- A 'Find' feature is now available in the ClearTeam Explorer when a user performs a Compare with Predecessor operation for the ClearCase Integrated (UTF-8) compare tool.
- Information about activities and change sets can now be exported from the Rational ClearTeam Navigator.
- Added support for automated check outs using the Synchronous Request for Mastership (SRFM) option in environments that integrate IBM Rational ClearCase with Cadence Design Framework II in conjunction with IBM Rational ClearCase MultiSite, All check out operations from a replicated VOB with the SRFM option enabled apply the -srfm option by default. In ClearCase versions 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 and earlier, users that wanted to use the -srfm option had to manage check out and check in operations manually by using the cleartool checkout -srfm command to avoid branch mastership errors.
- Added a new configuration which stores the almd file locally on the server instead of storing it in the NFS mounted VOB storage. This configuration provides a work around for a ClearCase performance problem that occurred on some Linux NFS clients. For details, see the IBM Support document Performance issue with Linux NFS clients when ClearCase VOB database is located on a NAS device.
Platform support changes
Added support for the following platforms and third party products:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 x86, PPC and L3900 (This version is also supported by ClearCase version 126.96.36.199.)
- IBM® WebSphere® Application Server (WAS) version and IBM® HTTP Server versions 188.8.131.52
- Microsoft Office 2013 (This version is also supported by ClearCase version 184.108.40.206.)
- Latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Firefox ESR
- OpenSSL version 1.0.1e
- Note: OpenSSL is used to make SSL connections in the base ClearCase and ClearQuest integration and to make SSL connections through user Perl modules. On Linux and UNIX platforms, OpenSSL can be used by the UCM/ClearQuest integration.
Was this topic helpful?
24 October 2018