Question & Answer
Desktop/Client Product Installations
Windows operating systems
(1) Select Start.
(2) Select 'Programs' (or 'All Programs') menu entry.
(3) Select the program folder corresponding to the product (example: 'IBM SPSS Statistics')
(4) Launch the 'License Authorization' program corresponding to the product version (example: 'IBM SPSS Statistics 26 License Authorization Wizard')
(5) Select the 'Next' button.
(6) In the lower left section of this window will appear 'Lock Code for this machine is'. Note the indicated lock code.
(7) Select the 'Cancel button'.
(8) Select the 'Yes' button. The License Authorization program will close.
MacOS operating systems
(1) Open Finder.
(2) Select 'Go' menu.
(3) Select 'Applications' entry.
(4) Select 'IBM' icon.
(5) Select 'SPSS' folder icon.
(6) Select folder icon corresponding to the product (example: 'Statistics')
(7) Select the folder corresponding to the product version (example: '26').
(8) Launch 'License Authorization Wizard' program.
(9) Select the 'License my product now' option.
(10) Select 'Next'.
(11) In the lower left section of this window will appear 'Lock Code for this machine is'. Note the indicated lock code.
(12) Select the 'Cancel button'.
(13) Select the 'Yes' button. The License Authorization program will close.
License Manager on Windows Operating Systems
(1a) Open an Administrator Command Prompt.
(1b) The Command Prompt title bar must read 'Administrator: Command Prompt' or the procedure may not execute properly.
(2a) Change directory ('cd') to the License Manager installation directory.
(2b) If unsure as to the location of the License Manager installation directory, see TechNote 1989514.
(3) Execute the following command: echoid
(4) The response will include a value associated with 'Locking code 1'.
(5) This is the License Manager lock code.
The number that appears immediately before the hyphen (-) is the locking code criteria. The locking code criteria is a number that represents the virtual hardware that is used for the locking code (in this example, it is 4, which represents the OS volume serial ID). The number after the hyphen is the locking code itself (in this example, it is 12A1B). If virtual hardware IP addres, OS volume serial ID, Hostname or Ethernet card will be replaced or changed - your locking code will change as well, the IBM SPSS application will not be able to retrieve a license and will fail to start.
Following are the possible locking code criteria.
2- IP address (Example 2-43BF1)
4- OS volume serial ID (Example 4-12A1B)
8- Hostname (Example 8-FA1DE)
10- Ethernet card (Example 10-XS39S)
Was this topic helpful?
23 December 2020