What TCP ports are used by the TM1 system?
Customer is using TM1 (or the FAP functionality inside Controller to publish data to a TM1 cube).
Resolving The Problem
By default, TM1 uses the following TCP ports:
- 5495 - TM1 Admin Host
- Used by the "Admin Server" on this machine to listen for client requests.
- 5498 - TM1 SSL server
- All TM1® components communicate with the TM1 Admin Server using SSL.
- The Admin Server supports older TM1 clients that cannot use SSL by listening on two ports; one secured, the other unsecured.
- 12345 - TM1 Server
- This port number establishes a secondary port for progress messages to use when a lengthy operation is waiting to be cancelled.
- 49152 -> 65535 - TM1 Architect and Perspectives
- This port range is required to establish a connection to the TM1 Server.
In addition, if the customer uses Cognos Analysis for Excel (CAFE) then:
- 9510 - Cognos Analysis for Excel (CAFE)
- This port number is used by the CAFE Excel add-in to connect to the TM1 host service.
TIP: For more information, see the TM1 installation guide "tm1_install.pdf" (for example on pages 25 & 26 for version 9.5).
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018