This document describes how to use IBM Passport Advantage to download IBM Watson Explorer Version 12.0.0 Foundational Components.
The Foundational Components of IBM Watson Explorer provide federated discovery, navigation, and exploration over a broad range of data sources and types, both inside and outside your enterprise. Watson Explorer helps users find and share information more easily, and helps organizations integrate and scale the expertise of users through integration with the cognitive services from Watson Developer Cloud. In addition to the core indexing, discovery, navigation, and exploration capabilities, the software includes a framework for developing unified information applications that deliver a comprehensive, contextually-relevant view of any topic for business users, data scientists, and a variety of targeted business functions.
Links to supported operating systems.
Supported operating systems
The Watson Explorer Foundational Components run on Linux and Windows servers. For current information about supported versions, see Watson Explorer 12.0.0 Operating Systems.
For information about the amount of disk space, memory, and processors that are required to install or use the Watson Explorer Foundational Components, see Watson Explorer 12.0.0 Hardware Requirements.
Go to Download package and click the HTTP link to access the IBM Passport Advantage Online Web site. After you log in with your customer information, click the Software download & media access link to download IBM Watson Explorer software.
For product information, see IBM Knowledge Center.
Downloading and assembling the product
- Download all of the parts that you need, both required and optional. The parts are described in the following section.
- Unpack each of the parts into a single temporary directory on your system.
- Follow the Installation instructions to install the product.
There are required and optional parts in the IBM Watson Explorer eAssembly. See the tables below for details about what each part contains.
To install IBM Watson Explorer, you must download one of the following editions, according to your operating system and purchase agreement with IBM:
IBM Watson Explorer Deep Analytics Edition Foundational Components V12.0.0 Linux English
Contains the software for installing the Foundational Components in a Linux environment, English only.
IBM Watson Explorer Deep Analytics Edition Foundational Components V12.0.0 Windows English
Contains the software for installing the Foundational Components in a Windows environment, English only.
On the Passport Advantage Online Web site, all entitled products are listed on the Software download & media access page. This page provides a guided process for selecting an operating system and the product version that you want to download.
Before you download software, you might want to visit the Passport Advantage Online Help Center and view the Software download and media access tutorial (about 10 minutes). This tutorial shows you how to use Passport Advantage, including how to set preferences, such as the download method and your preferred products, operating system, and language.
When you are ready to download the software:
- Click the HTTP link to go to the Passport Advantage Online Web site.
- Sign in with your IBM ID and password. If you have not yet registered, follow the prompts to request access.
- Click Software download & media access. Click to agree to the license terms for Passport Advantage, and click Continue.
- Optional: Set your download preferences. For example, you can register to receive e-mail notification when product updates become available.
- On the Software Download tab, click Download finder, select the program offering that you want to download, IBM Watson Explorer, and then click Continue.
- Select the platform or platforms where you want to install the program offering, and click Continue.
- Expand and select the files that you want to download, agree to the license terms, and click Download now.
Passport Advantage Online support:
IBM Software Support for IBM Watson Explorer:
15 June 2018