Users can change the status of Maximo records via a smartphone or any mobile device.
Resolving The Problem
1. Create a new record in the Email Interaction Setup application.
For example, call the new configuration MFWO.
Setup Object Status Change configurations:
Case A: If the Work Order status is APPR, the mobile user can reply with 1 to set status to INPRG or 2 to set status to COMP.
Case B: If the Work Order status is INPRG, the mobile user can reply with 1 to set status to COMP or 2 to set status to CLOSE.
Attach a Communication Template (MFMAILSENDWO) to send to the owner of the Work Order (WOWNER).
2. Setup email listener in the Email Listener application.
Create an email listener address.
From the "Select Action" menu, select "Security Settings".
Add a row for the WORKORDER object:
Check the Active checkbox and save the record.
3. Ensure that the "Email Format" field has been populated for all the Person records.
Go to the People application.
Bring up the Person record for the user.
Ensure that the "Email Format" field has been populated for all the users.
4. Create an Escalation in the Escalations application.
Create an escalation called MFMAILSENDWOM with the condition below:
exists (select 1 from mfmailst where mboname='WORKORDER' and origin=1 and workorder.status=status) and parent is null and owner is not null
Attach an out-of-the-box action to send an email for the Work Order.
Below is the definition of the MFMAILSENDWOM action from the Actions application:
5. Steps to test Email Interaction.
1. Create a new Work Order (for example, 1273).
2. Click the "Set Owner" icon on the toolbar. Assign the Work Order to user Wilson.
3. Approve the Work Order.
4. Email arrives in user Wilson's inbox.
5. Wilson replies with '2' to complete the Work Order.
6. Wait for 1 minute. Wilson receives another email that says Work Order 1273 has been changed to the 'Complete' status.
7. Log into Maximo to confirm that Work Order 1273 has been changed to COMP:
Was this topic helpful?
17 June 2018