All users get error "Get Shadow password for user [username]" when connecting to database server running on Linux, HP-UX or Solaris
Resolving The Problem
When you try to connect to the database server you get error -951, and any user that tries to connect to the database server gets the same error as well.
- If the instance is up and you are trying to connect you will see the following error message:
- Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!
Check for password aging/account lock-out.
listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server.
- If you are initializing for the first time you will also see the following message
- Error building sysmaster database
$INFORMIXDIR/bin/oninit has wrong permissions and/or attributes
Assign $INFORMIXDIR/bin/oninit to user root and group informix, permissions 6754 by executing the following command as user root or user with root privileges
- chown root:informix $INFORMIXDIR/bin/oninit
chmod 6754 $INFORMIXDIR/bin/oninit
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018