Question & Answer
How do I upgrade to BIO-key BSP 1.12 for IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On 8.2.1?
You can add support for BIO-key BSP 1.12 by deploying a biometric deployment pack update on the IMS Server. The following instructions show you how to upgrade your IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On configuration to BIO-key BSP 1.12 if you integrated previously with an earlier version of BIO-key Biometric Service Provider.
You must have the following components:
- BIO-key Biometric Service Provider 1.12 installer
Upgrading BIO-key BSP on the IMS Server
- Stop the WebSphere Application Server.
- Install the BIO-key BSP 1.12 with the BIO-key installer on the IMS Server.
- Extract the deploymentPack.biometrics_<IMS Server version>\bio-key folder to a location on the IMS Server. For example: <ims_install_home>\biometrics
- Follow the steps in the README.txt to apply the deployment package for BIO-key.
Note: Run as an Administrator in Windows Server 2008 or later.
- Restart the WebSphere Application Server.
Upgrading BIO-key BSP on AccessAgent
Before you begin, upgrade the BIO-key BSP on the IMS Server.
1. Install the BIO-key Biometric Service Provider.
2. Run FP3-BioKey.reg.
This file is in the Customization folder under the AccessAgent installation folder. For example:
3. Open the Windows Registry Editor.
4. Select the following entry in the Registry Editor:
5. Set the registry value Enabled to 1.
6. Restart the computer.
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018