This document describes upgrade scenarios and supported upgrade paths for IBM Sterling B2B Integrator.
Always check upgrade compatibility before planning an upgrade.
To upgrade the IBM Sterling B2B Integrator environment to a higher version, choose a version compatible with the existing version.
In general, you must upgrade to a version that is released after the existing version.
- Upgrade from v220.127.116.11_6 (release date July-2018) to v18.104.22.168 (release date August-2018) – Compatible
- Upgrade from v22.214.171.124_9 (release date February 2019) to v126.96.36.199 (release date August-2018) – Not compatible
- 5.2.5_19 or earlier versions
- 188.8.131.52 all versions
- 184.108.40.206_9 or earlier versions
- 220.127.116.11_5 or earlier versions
- 18.104.22.168_12 or earlier versions
The chart below lists the compatible upgrade paths for IBM B2B Integrator releases.
|Indicates the upgrade is compatible.
Indicates an in-between upgrade and needs to upgrade further.
When you upgrade to the latest Fix Pack release of a particular version, first upgrade to the Base release of that version. This is the Intermediate state. You must later upgrade to the Fix Pack release.
Do not use the system if the Base release on a higher version is older than the current release.
The system remains in a transient state until you upgrade to the latest Fix Pack release.
For example: If you want to upgrade to v22.214.171.124 from v126.96.36.199_9, first upgrade to v188.8.131.52 and later upgrade to v184.108.40.206. You must not use the instance at v220.127.116.11.
|Indicates the upgrade is not compatible.
For 5263_16 customer to upgrade to 6035, they must first upgrade to 603 and then apply the 6035 fix pack.
Was this topic helpful?
16 February 2024