Unable to upload the files that are larger than 30MB to IBM FileNet Libraries using IBM FileNet Open Client.
When trying to upload files that are larger than 30MB to IBM FileNet libraries using IBM FileNet Open Client one of the following errors may occur,
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE/FNOPENCLIENT"
HTTP Error 404.13 - Not Found
The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that exceeds the request content length.
The problem is that in IIS7, web application will reject any file that is larger than 30MB. This is a default limitation of IIS7. The value for maxAllowedContentLength property in the ApplicationHost.config file needs to be changed to a higher value.
Resolving The Problem
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- On the Web Server open applicationhost.config located at %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationhost.config
- In the ApplicationHost.config file, locate the <requestLimits> node.
- Remove the maxAllowedContentLength property. Or, add a value that matches the size of the Content-Length header that the client sends as part of the request. By default, the value of the maxAllowedContentLength property is 30000000.
- For example, modify the following code.
- <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength ="<length>"
- Save the ApplicationHost.config file.
17 June 2018