Logon errors when testing a data source connection to an Oracle 10g reporting database
QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed.QE-DEF-0325 The logon failed for the following reason:
RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in: testDataSourceConnection
UDA-SQL-0432 Unable to locate the gateway "libcogudaor9".
QE-DEF-0285 Die Anmeldung ist fehlgeschlagen.
QE-DEF-0325 Der Grund für das Fehlschlagen der Anmeldung ist folgender:
QE-DEF-0068 Kann keine Verbindung mit einer Datenbank erstellen beim Multi-Datenbank-Anf?gen an 1 Datenbank(en) in: DBNAME
UDA-SQL-0432 Kann das Gateway "libcogudaor" nicht finden.
The LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not reference the 32-bit library for the Oracle Client. The 64-bit client is being referenced instead
Resolving The Problem
1. Confirm that the environment variables are set correctly:
ORACLE_HOME is set to location of oracle client directory
ex.: ORACLE_HOME = ../oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1
LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes ../cognos/bin and $ORACLE_HOME/lib
PATH includes ../cognos/bin and $ORACLE_HOME/bin)
ORACLE_SID = <SID of DB>
ORACLE_BASE = <path to location of oracle directory>
ex.: /u01/app where oracle directory is below /u01/app directory.
2. Confirm that the Oracle libraries are 32bit - 64bit is not supported. From $ORACLE_HOME/lib run
the following command file <library name>. Depending on how the Oracle install was done, the lib folder may contain 64bit libraries but they may have a lib32 directory that contains the 32bit libraries, if this is the case update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to use lib32
3. Ensure that the cognos library resolves without error. Run the following command from ../cognos/bin
ldd <library name>
for Oracle 9: ldd libcogudaor9
for Oracle 10: ldd libcogudaor10
4. Check to see what version of Oracle client and database is being using get the output from accessing the database using SQLplus, this will indicate the Oracle client and database version.
5. Ensure the user that is running Cognos has full permissions to the Cognos directories.
6. Ensure that the correct user is starting Cognos and check to see what the environment is set to at run time. Have the UNIX admin verify the BiBusTkServermain process.
7. Ensure that the user running Cognos has read and execute permissions on the Oracle client lib folder.
8. Copy both the files <Oracle Client Install Dir>/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1 and <Oracle Client Install Dir>/lib/libnnz10.so to the <Cognos Install Dir>/bin directory and changed its permissions using chmod 755 . If possible restart the server and then start cognos service. If you cannot restart the server, restarting the cognos service should do. The libclntsh.so.10.1 and libnnz10.so are specific to Oracle 10, Similar files may be found with respective version of oracle.
9. If the error was caused by Transformer in an AIX environment, change the settings for ulimit as follows:
ulimit -d unlimited
ulimit - m unlimited
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018