While installing InfoSphere MDM V11.6 on AIX with WebSphere Application server V184.108.40.206, the IBM Installation Manager graphical interface is unable to display the application server host details. When you click Retrieve Host Details on the WebSphere Application Server configuration panel, the progress bar persists and the host details do not display.
The pop up dialog “Host details retrieved successfully” does not appear, meaning that the node and cells details also do not appear.
The pop up window within IBM Installation Manager to allow you to accept the security certificate does not appear on AIX servers (or any non-Microsoft Windows operating systems).
All non-Microsoft Windows environments
Diagnosing The Problem
The progress bar dialog box for retrieving the host details remains on the screen.
Resolving The Problem
Complete these steps before beginning the installation to avoid this issue:
- From the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console (admin console), create an SSL certificate manually before the installation:
a. Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
b. Navigate to the Security tab.
c. Select SSL Certificate and key management > Key stores and certificates.
- Click New to create a new key.
- Provide the details of the new key:
- path to the key (such as <Profile Name>\etc\trust.p12)
- password (WebAS)
- type (PCKS12)
- Click OK and save these values.
Tip: If you have created too many profiles under the same server, provide the path of the trust.p12 key of the first profile.
- Return to the previous page and select this newly created key.
- From the key page, navigate to Additional Properties > Signer certificates.
- On the Signer Certificates page, click Retrieve from port.
- On the Retrieve from Port page, enter all of the details such as host, port, and alias, then click Retrieve signer information to display all of the signer information.
- Hostname: the host where WebSphere Application Server is running
- Port: The SOAP connector port.
- Alias: An alternate name. This value can be anything, but should be descriptive.
- Click OK and save your changes.
- Proceed with the InfoSphere MDM installation.
Was this topic helpful?
27 April 2022