You might attempt to install IBM Business Process Manager Version 7.5 by manually adding all the required respositories and selecting all of the packages to be installed at the same time. However, you cannot complete the installation process and you see a DetectRunningProcess exception in the Installation Manger. This document provide a work around to complete the installation
The following screen shot shows the exception in the IBM Installation Manager:
The following exception exists in the Installation Manger log files:
This issue occurs in the following environment:
- Installation Manager is already installed.
- IBM Business Process Manager V7.5 repositories are manually added in the Installation Manger preferences. ( <BPM_installation_image>/repository/repos_64bit)
- The packages to be installed are selected at the same time.
Note: Selecting one package at a time in the the following order completes the installation process:
- WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere Application Server Version 7.0 Feature Pack for XML
- WebSphere Application Server Version 7.0 Feature Pack for SCA
- IBM Business Process Manager Version 7.5
However, manually adding the repository is not recommended due to problems that have been reported in APAR PM42458 and profile creation problems in 64-bit environment that are reported in APAR PM45330. Use the steps in the Resolution section to complete the installation process.
Resolving The Problem
In the IBM Business Process Manager installation image, locate the Installation Manager post-install.xml file response file in the BPM_installation_image/IM directory. The BPM_installation_image variable refers to the installation image for IBM Business Process Manager Version 7.5. Use the post-install.xml file as input before you start the Installation Manger.
Complete the following steps:
- Start the installation manger with one of the the following commands:
- 64-bit installation:
IBMIM -input BPM_installation_image/IM/post-install_64.xml
- 32-bit installation:
IBMIM -input BPM_installation_image/IM/post-install.xml
As shown in the following screen shot, these commands start the Installation Manager with the correct products preselected.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018