This technote identifies an issue that can occur in IBM Rational ClearQuest Designer with database sets using code page UTF-8. When attempting to add the RequisitePro 1.10 package to a schema, an error occurs.
Attempting to apply the RequisitePro 1.10 package to a schema results in this error:
!%$Enabling of record type failed...
!!! Discarding all changes to the latest revision of schema...
..This operation cannot proceed until the metadata has been loaded.
This issue is identified as a product defect under APAR PM06922.
Resolving The Problem
This defect is fixed starting in versions 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. These versions introduce RequisitePro package 1.11. Upgrade to the latest version to resolve this problem.
There is a workaround for this defect. However, it would require starting fresh with a new schema repository. These are the steps to workaround this issue:
- Create a new database set with an ASCII code page. You should still configure your vendor character set of UTF-8.
- Apply all the required packages (including RequisitePro 1.10) for the desired schemas.
- Upgrade the user database(s) with the schemas or create new user database(s) as needed.
- Using the Maintenance Tool, change the ClearQuest data code page for the database set to UTF-8.
- You can now continue your work with UTF-8 code page.
Always make new database back-ups of your schema repository and user databases prior to making schema changes and performing database upgrades. Failure to create back-up copies can limit your ability to recover from a an upgrade failure, design change issues or other unforeseen failures.
16 June 2018