You attempt to complete a typical installation of IBM Business Process Manager v8.5 on 64-bit Linux for System z. However, the process fails with a "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64" error on the command line.
The following text is the complete message that you see on the command line:
IM/tools//../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.s390x_1.1.200.v20120522-1822/eclipse_1502.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64.
Before you can install IBM Business Process Manager V8.5 on 64-bit Linux for System z, you must install the packaged Installation Manager V1.6.2. The Java™ virtual machine (JVM) that is packaged in the installation kit for the Installation Manager is a 31-bit application. The launcher plug-in that the Installation Manager command-line environment and IMUTILSC are configured to use, contain the 64-bit eclipse_1502.so library. This architectural difference causes a failure during the Installation Manager installation process.
Note: This problem happens only when you do not have Installation Manager pre-installed on your system.
Resolving The Problem
To resolve this problem, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the BPM_8.5_install_image/IM/tools directory.
- Open the imcl.ini and imutilsc.ini files in a text editor.
- Search for the following code:
- Replace the previous code with the following code:
- Save the files and close the text editor.
- Start the IBM Business Process Manager V8.5 typical installation process again.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018