When IBM® Rational® RequisitePro® client for Windows® is installed on a Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server® 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2 system and you open a document in a sample project, the text characters do not display correctly in Microsoft® Word. The document does not open correctly unless you change the privileges for the folder where the project was created.
When opening a Word document, unreadable characters are displayed.
The User Account Control (UAC) settings prevent the correct display of the Rational RequisitePro documents.
Resolving The Problem
There are two workarounds for this problem:
The first option is to disable User Account Control (UAC).
- By default, UAC is enabled in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 .
- If you disable UAC before installing Rational RequisitePro, the Word documents in the sample projects display correctly. If you disable UAC after installing Rational RequisitePro, only Word documents for newly created projects display correctly.
To disable UAC:
- Select Start, then on the search label type msconfig to launch the System Configuration utility.
- In the System Configuration window, select theTools tab. Select the line that contains Change User Account Control settings, and select the Launch button.
- In the next window, change the UAC settings by moving the slider down from Always notify to Never notify, and select OK. This disables UAC.
- Select OK to close the System Configuration Utility.
- When prompted, select Restart Now.
The second option is to keep UAC enabled and adjust the sample project properties.
To enable access to the documents for the sample projects, remove the directory read-only privileges in the default path for the two sample projects in the directory C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\RequisitePro\samples. If you changed the default path during the installation, replace the path C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC with your installation path.
To remove the read-only privileges, right-click the directory in Windows Explorer and select Properties, clear the Read-only checkbox, and click Apply. Also verify that the files within the project directory are not marked as read-only.
Internal Use Only
16 June 2018